Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Lions Are Loud!

Slide1
This marks the very first week of "What's Hanging Up Wednesday". I'm hoping that this will be a weekly post where we can share some great  ideas with each other. Show us something you have hanging up in your classroom by linking up at the end of this blog post. I can't wait to see what you have hanging up in your rooms! It doesn't have to be art…..it could be a writing activity, a math paper…..anything hanging anywhere :-)
Slide1
Last week, our letter of the week was Ll (we use "Ants in the Apple" at the school I'm teaching at). I saw a picture of these cute guys on Pinterest but the link didn't lead anywhere. I decided that I could do this with my class and I'm so happy with how they turned out! If you'd like to make these "Loud Lions" with your class, here's how we made them:
Slide2
1. Give each child a half sheet of large cardboard (Or a large sheet of construction paper if you're American). I had the kids draw each shape step by step on their paper with lead pencil. When we were finished with the lead, they went over it and coloured in with oil pastels.
Slide3
2. Colour in the face with an orange oil pastel.
Slide4
3. Colour in the inside of the mouth with a brown oil pastel. I kept reminding the kids that they should be covering up all the black spaces they see.
Slide5
4. Colour the nose yellow. Make a second circle in the eye and colour the outer eye and the teeth white. Use a green pastel to colour the inner eye and a black pastel to colour the in the iris, the nostrils, make freckles and a cross looking "V" above the eyes.
Slide6
5. We then used orange and yellow paint to paint out mane. I LOVE how they all turned out so unique :-)

Slide7
Slide8
 Now it's your turn! What do you have hanging up this week?

2 comments:

  1. Love your fabulously creative style! Your new school must be thrilled to have you on board. Eagerly looking forward to next weeks 'What's Hanging Up Wednesday.'

    Mrs Stowe
    mrsstoweskindercottage.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover