Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 28, 2013

It's a Switch!

Sorry I haven't been around for a while! the last two weeks were CRAZY for me. We had late things on at school a few nights out of the week (including parent teacher interviews). I've been on holidays for a week (with a week to go) and my time has been programming for an integrated unit……..needless to say that even though I've been on holidays I haven't seen much on my kids! 

I also ran into a few little snags with some "intellectual property" issues…………very interesting! I never read (or had) any issues with this while I was in the USA with using things you create with your own class…………are you guys having any issues with this or does it just seem to be in Australia?

I've found out a few things……….so basically from now on, what you see me create will NOT be used in my own classroom (sad I know)……. I will sometimes post pictures of some cool things we do and our art etc but I will not be able to use the things for sale in my store in my classroom.

I AM planning to be organised with my blogging and DO hope to have regular posts each week  with freebies and 50 cent files. there will also be Linkys and fun :-). I just need a few extra weeks to organise myself for next term and spent some time with my kiddos :-)

Meanwhile, Google Reader will be GONE tomorrow. I made the with to Bloglovin' a couple of months ago to check it out. So far I'm really enjoying it. It literally took me a few seconds to join and Bloglovin' automatically imported all the blogs I already follow. If you haven't done the switch, make sure you do it today :-)

Make sure you press this little button below :-)

 

Slide1

7 comments:

  1. I haven't personally had any issues yet but I know of others that have. I thought as long as you created the products with the purpose being to sell in the store, then you may or may not use them in your classroom afterwards. Just as long as you did not create them for your classroom then sell them afterwards.

    It all seems so silly to me. I hope they haven't been too tough on you.

    Shanyn
    Coffee, Kids and Compulsive Lists

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shanyn,
    I hadn't actually created anything just for my class......everything had been created before.......I was questioned about it though and so I thought "ummmm....I'd better find out more about this"......I did and have been VERY sad by the answers I got......looks like my kiddos will miss out :-( Oh well, there isn't much I can do about it.
    I agree....it is VERY silly!!! I'm just surprised the issue didn't come up in the States.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send me an email - we need to chat :)
    Brooke
    b_beynon@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear!! Things will have to change in Australia otherwise the kids and education in general will suffer. We want to excite teachers and get them creating for their classes - not turn them off. Looking into this further and will let you know what I find.

    Cheers for you and all you create!!!!
    Julie. :-)
    Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello - I have been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award and as part of my nomination I have nominated you. Please visit my blog and follow the instructions to be a Liebster Award blogger too!
    Paula from Paula’s Place

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guess who nominated you for an award? Check out my blog for more info.

    Julie:)x
    Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage From ruby slippers blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there! I'm Liz, your newest follower! I loved your lion artwork!
    Check me out at
    http://kindergarten-blossoms.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover